27 Jul US Freight Ops Coordinator
As a remote operations specialist, my key mission is to provide excellent customer service for our US customers. You would manage our customer shipments from PO raised to delivery, working collaboratively with Customer Success Managers, Sales, pricing, and Procurement.
As a member of the US Freight Operation team, reporting to the Operations Manager, this role lies at the heart of the Zen Cargo business and is a mission-critical role in helping Zen Cargo continue to scale at pace.
If you enjoy working in an open and collaborative environment, with a team that happily goes the extra mile and a business that is constantly investing in learning for its people, then Zencargo is the right place for you.
- As a Zencargo Operations Coordinator, you will personally represent the Zencargo Freight operations team in new business implementation
- Ensuring Zencargo delivers the highest standard for customers, all shipments move “on-time” and exceptions are handled appropriately. You will be responsible for ensuring we deliver our customers operational KPIs
- Being responsible for executing the end-to-end multimodal freight movement of our customer’s product through our network (both imports and exports).
- You will understand and follow the customer’s requirements through their standard operating procedures (SOP). As the customer’s needs evolve, you will refine the customer’s operational requirements by working with the CSM to update the customer’s SOP.
- You will respond to customer escalations, collaborating with customer success managers to solve customer issues quickly and ensure smooth operations at origin and destination. You will handle client issues that require advanced industry knowledge.
- You will ensure shipment and data metrics consistently meet customer expectations.
- You will collaborate with our operations partners and external stakeholders to ensure the success of the shipment lifecycle.
- You will support in process improvement or implement improved processes when required.
- Understanding when to/ when not to escalate
- A 2-3 years of experience in handling Air and/or Ocean Import/Export within a freight forwarding company is preferred.
- Familiarity with Export regulations and DG/Hazmat Handling
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and organisational skills
- Able to react quickly whilst maintaining focus and attention to detail
- Embracing change management – short/ medium and long term
- Experience with ERP/ Microsoft Excel, PP and Word
- Challenge the status quo and be part of the solution